Memory Clinical Trial | Grand Rapids, Grandville & Holland, MI
Neurocore is looking for adults between the ages of 55 and 85 with memory concerns in the Greater Grand Rapids area to participate in a clinical trial that will look at whether neurofeedback plus lifestyle changes (Memory Boot Camp) can improve memory and cognition.
There will be a built-in control period in the study, rather than a control group, so that all participants will receive active memory treatment after a three-month waiting period. The three months will serve as the study’s control; everyone selected for the study will receive treatment after three months.
The purpose of the study is to measure the changes in cognitive performance that may occur as a result of treatment.
Neurofeedback is a safe, noninvasive form of behavior-modification therapy. It utilizes technology to give the brain feedback, or information about itself, so that it may self-adjust, recalibrate and become more calm and focused.
The study itself will last six to eight months. You will be assessed three times throughout the study: at the beginning of the study, after the three-month control period, and again after three months of active treatment. Brain activity and cognitive performance will be measured. Additionally, you will be surveyed about your memory, mood and overall health at each of these trial milestones.
A time commitment of 4-5 hours per week during the active treatment portion (3-4 months) of the clinical trial is required in order to be part of the study.
Your participation in our study is voluntary. If you qualify to participate, you will be assigned to participate in an active treatment group of neurofeedback plus lifestyle changes. You will receive this treatment at no cost to you and you will be compensated up to a total of $200 for completing study milestones.
Before you begin filling out the application form, please review the lists of qualifications and disqualifications below to see if you meet the requirements for this clinical trial.
Clinical Trial Qualifications
- Age 55-85
- Memory concerns
- Grand Rapids, Grandville or Holland, Michigan area
- Minimum of a high school education
- Have a primary care physician
- English reading and writing literacy
- Time availability of 4-5 hrs/week
- Ability to travel short distance to receive services
Clinical Trial Disqualifications
- Severe depression
- Known neurological illness (i.e. Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Stroke, Epilepsy)
- Serious psychiatric diagnosis (schizophrenia, bipolar, suicidal ideation, etc.)
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- History of major concussion/traumatic brain injury (TBI), associated with bleeding in the brain
- Alcohol abuse or other substance abuse
- Blindness and deafness
- Chemotherapy recipient within the past year
- Current or past client of Neurocore or immediate family member of a Neurocore employee
Interested in our Clinical Trial?
If you are interested in participating or learning more about our Memory Clinical Trial, please complete the form below! Once you have submitted your information, we will contact you to discuss your qualifications.